The “ House of Miner ” museum is located in a listed mining settlement in Kamp-Lintfort on the Lower Rhine.
The former two-family house in the miners’ settlement of the Friedrich Heinrich mine was opened as a museum in 2006. In the previous year, the city of Kamp-Lintfort acquired the duplex and, in addition to a grant of € 50,000, passed it on to the miners. For the extensive renovation work that was necessary to bring the house back to its former glory, the miners invested 3000 hours of work.
With the help of the building authorities and craft firms, the project was successfully completed. One half of the house was restored to its original state and today offers a detailed insight into the furnishings of a miner’s apartment around 1910. The miner’s house offers a detailed insight into the furnishings of a miner’s apartment around 1910.
Info & Notes :
Exhibition Objects : In the cellar of the house there is an original modeled gallery that illustrates the narrow underground. The second part is devoted to the history of mining and the technical devices that were used in mining.
Exhibitions / Events :Permanent exhibition on mining in the region
Guides : Special tours are available by appointment
Specials : In the basement of the house there is a precisely modeled tunnel.
Museums in the Lower Rhine region:
House of Miner
Address : Ebertstraße 88 , 47475 Kamp-Lintfort
Opening times : See homepage
Admission : Paying
Internet : https://www.bergmannstradition.de/
This map shows some museums in the region of the Lower Rhine, which offers different exhibitio objects.